Academic Achievement and Progress - Summary
Our academic expectations for pupils are above national Age Related Expectations (ARE).
Pupils enter Reception with development levels broadly at or slightly above national norms, as evidenced by our standardised baseline assessment. The vast majority of pupils in Reception achieve or exceed the nationally defined expectations (Early Learning Goals) at the end of the school year. In Key Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2) national benchmarks are achieved with a majority exceeding these. End of Key Stage 2 (Year 6) outcomes and progress are well above national norms. Pupils are therefore well prepared for their transition to Year 7 elsewhere.
Outcomes and progress rates across the school are excellent.
Academic Year ending July 2019:
Early Years Good Level of Development (nationally defined expectation): 89% (nationally 71.5% in 2018)
Year 1 Phonics Screener: 98% (nationally 82% in 2018)
End of Key Stage 1 (Year 2):
- ARE Reading 97%; Writing 94%; Maths 89%
- Above ARE Reading 74%; Writing 50%; Maths 60%
End of Key Stage 2 (Year 6):
- ARE Reading 100%; Writing 100%; Maths 100%
- Above ARE Reading 49%; Writing 47%; Maths 75%
- 100% achieved combined ARE in Reading, Writing and Maths
- All outcomes are well above national norms