Academic Achievement and Progress - Summary
Our academic expectations for pupils are above national Age Related Expectations (ARE).
Pupils enter Reception with development levels broadly at or slightly above national norms, as evidenced by our standardised baseline assessment. The vast majority of pupils in Reception achieve or exceed the nationally defined expectations (Early Learning Goals) at the end of the school year. In Key Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2) national benchmarks are achieved with a majority exceeding these. End of Key Stage 2 (Year 6) outcomes and progress are well above national norms. Pupils are therefore well prepared for their transition to Year 7 elsewhere.
Outcomes and progress rates across the school are excellent.
Academic Year ending July 2018:
Early Years Good Level of Development (nationally defined expectation): 90% (nationally 71% in 2017)
Year 1 Phonics Screener: 97% (nationally 81% in 2017)
End of Key Stage 1 (Year 2):
- ARE Reading 96%; Writing 93%; Maths 93%
- Above ARE Reading 80%; Writing 58%; Maths 62%
End of Key Stage 2 (Year 6):
- ARE Reading 85%; Writing 85%; Maths 98%
- Above ARE Reading 54%; Writing 50%; Maths 83%
- 85% achieved combined ARE in Reading, Writing and Maths
- All outcomes are well above national norms