We believe that the Early Years Foundation Stage is fundamental in instilling positive dispositions towards learning.
In the Reception year children will play and explore; make choices and learn to have a go and persevere; be creative and solve problems; form good relationships; be safe, secure and happy.
A stimulating environment, including a multisensory outdoor play area, supports the teachers’ planned activities and the children’s own initiatives for learning.
The seven areas of learning and development that comprise the Early Years Foundation Stage are:
• Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
• Communication and Language (CL)
• Physical development (PD)
• Understanding the world (UTW)
• Expressive arts and design (EAD)
“I really love coming to school because it is fun. We learn and we even get to have playtime too!”