Thomas’s Clapham fully recognise their responsibilities for Safeguarding and Child Protection. All children and young people need to have adults around them making sure they are kept safe from being harmed by other people or hurting themselves.
Safeguarding is predominately associated with child protection issues such as:
- Ensuring the school environment is safe and secure
- Taking action to identify and protect any child who may be at risk of significant harm
- Preventing unsuitable people working with children
- Promoting safe behaviours at school
- Ensuring Thomas’s Clapham teachers receive adequate training
- Working with agencies and community groups who provide services for children
- Preventing radicalisation and stopping people being drawn into or supporting terrorism
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are trained according to London Safeguarding Children Board and Wandsworth Council standards.
Should you have a concern about a child, please contact our Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Jon Chesworth, Deputy Head - Community and Welfare
Tel: 020 7326 9330
Helen Stewart-Morgan, Senior Deputy Head
Tel: 020 7326 9314
Hannah Tongue, Assistant Head, Head of Lower School
Tel: 020 7326 9313
Or contact one of our Reception to Year 8 Year Leaders
For more information, please click here to see our Safeguarding Children Policy and Procedures.