Thomas’s Kensington fully recognise their responsibilities for Safeguarding and Child Protection. All children and young people need to have adults around them making sure they are kept safe from being harmed by other people or hurting themselves.
Safeguarding is predominately associated with child protection issues such as:
- Ensuring the school environment is safe and secure
- Taking action to identify and protect any child who may be at risk of significant harm
- Preventing unsuitable people working with children
- Promoting safe behaviours at school
- Ensuring Thomas’s Kensington teachers receive adequate training
- Working with agencies and community groups who provide services for children
- Preventing radicalisation and stopping people being drawn into or supporting terrorism
Our Designated Safeguarding Officers (DSOs) are trained according to London Safeguarding Children Board and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Council standards.
Should you have a concern about a child, please contact our Designated Safeguarding Officers:
Natalie Renou, Designated Safeguarding Lead
Joanna Ebner, Designated Safeguarding Lead
For more information, please click here to see our Safeguarding Children Policy and Procedures.